Why are we all so focused on getting the hell out of here? Somehow we always believe that the grass is greener somewhere other than where we currently are. This thought is blathered about endlessly in songs both secular and religious. I feel I must express opinions on several such songs
- Escape (The Pina Colada Song) – Apparently Rupert was tired of his mundane relationship, so the obvious solution was to drink sugary rum drinks whilst frolicking in a rain storm. Ummm right.
- Born to Run – OK, I am totally into the last chance power drive thing. Ideally it would be followed by a Viking funeral.
- I’ll Fly Away – Who doesn’t want to? Joy will never end? I’ll take a wheelbarrow full.
- Free Bird – The only place this guy is going is into a 37.5 minute guitar solo that should have ended 37.4 minutes ago.
- I Want to Be Sedated – Just the mention of this song forces it into your head. You are already hearing it aren’t you? Admit it!
- Grass is Always Greener by Ludicris – Uhhhh, yeah …. right
OK maybe that was a bridge too far. I’ll leave you with this thought