We have turned into a nation of whiners, at least in this bloggers semi-informed opinion. When something does not go our way, we could be proactive and actually get off our ass to do something about it. Instead, we have turned into a nation of lazy sombitches that would prefer to whine about the situation in the hopes that someone else will either pat us on the back and give us a lollipop, or become so enraged at the injustice that they will get off their own lazy ass and do something rash.
whiner. noun. A person who habitually complains or grumbles: complainer, crab, faultfinder, grouch, growler, grumbler, grump, murmurer, mutterer. Informal: crank, griper, grouser.
The internet has supplied the whiners of this world with a complete “Whiner Tool Kit” to help them in their lazy ass approach to addressing their violated integrity. What are the tools you ask? I shall enumerate a few that just burn my biscuits.
- Twitter – 140 characters of vitriol, only seen by people that think like me
- Facebook – Endless streams of plagiarized material copied from other whiners and shoved into your face. Of course this is interspersed with cute little pussy cat videos and plates of food that would kill the average starving Ethiopian.
- YouTube – Pussy cat videos galore, along with other rants about poor me.
- Instagram – Nice! I don’t even need to type. Just take a picture from my phone and hit share. Instantly all of my friends will be aware of my misery
- LinkedIn – I can whine to all of my business associates too!